An interpreter is a person who facilitates communication by converting the source language into the target language (American Sign Language into English and vice versa). Skilled interpreters understand both hearing and Deaf culture, culturally mediating to the best of their ability. Our interpreters are all qualified, members of RID (Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, a non-profit organization known for its national recognition and certification process), and adhere to the RID Code of Professional Conduct.
To secure an interpreter, please complete the following:
- Contact us at (440) 941-1DTW or Interpreting@DeafToWork.org for service costs.
- Provide the following information:
- Your name and phone number.
- Nature of the assignment (interview, training, etc.).
- Assignment location specifics (address, building, room number, etc.).
- Date, time, and duration an interpreter is needed.
- Name of deaf or hard-of-hearing client.
- Contact person and phone number (someone who will be present during the assignment).
- Any other pertinent instructions (specific dress requirements, parking information, assignment content, etc.).
Please provide as much time in advance as possible.
Thank you for considering Deaf to Work to meet your interpreting needs!